Professional And Experienced Real Estate Law Attorney
Attorney Michael Notaro founded the Notaro Law Group in 2005 to provide affordable and effective solutions for real estate investors, developers, landlords and property managers. Michael has a passion for real estate. He obtained his real estate sales license in 1985 and spent two decades as a commercial real estate broker with the last seven years as President of Phoenix Commercial Realty. During the last three decades, he has sold or leased over a half billion dollars in office, industrial, retail and residential real estate. He specializes in helping landlords solve tenant problems in rent control jurisdictions.
Born and bred in the “windy city” of Chicago, Illinois, Michael is a graduate of the Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, New Hampshire. He worked as a student intern in the Washington D.C. offices of Representative Bill Nelson from Florida and attended the University of California at Berkeley where he played on the water polo team, majored in political economy and was graduation speaker for his senior class. Michael earned his law degree from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, California where he specialized in real estate and studied under renowned real property professor Roger Bernhardt. Michael is admitted to practice in all California state and federal courts, including the Supreme Court of California, the California Courts of Appeals, the Superior Courts of California, and the United States District Courts in Northern California.
Michael is a popular public speaker on real estate and leadership topics. He served as the Toastmasters International President in 2011-2012 and has delivered over 500 keynote addresses on five continents. Michael is an active master’s swimmer, served honorably in the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary and is author of the bestselling book “The Call of the Leader” available at Amazon.com.
EXPERIENCE AT A GLANCE
- The Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, New Hampshire
- University of California, Berkeley, California – Bachelor in Political Economy of Industrial Societies (P.E.I.S.)
- Golden Gate University School of Law 1991-1995 San Francisco, CA. 94105
- Prosecuted over 200 commercial and residential Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) Actions to successful judgment for the landlord.
- Assisted over 500 Bay Area property owners in negotiating sale, leasing or financing transactions.
- Negotiated over 140 Termination of Tenancy Agreements on behalf of Bay Area landlords in rent control Jurisdictions
- Consulted with over 1000 landlords in rent control/rent stabilization markets regarding resolving troublesome tenants.
- Represented Buyers and Sellers in six figure settlements in mediation for nondisclosure of material facts in real estate sales.Golden Gate University School of Law 1991-1995